Friday, December 11, 2015

Hacha Mecha, Electric Boulevard, TREC, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
E-01-08, Level G, Electric Boulevard TREC, Jalan Tun Razak 50400 Kuala Lumpur

Opening Hours:
Tue-Sun:
6:00 pm - 1:00 am

Time Visited:
Around 7:30pm

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Blackmore's Wagyu Blade Steak
I was at TREC yesterday for an event at Zouk Club and it took me a whopping 1 and a half hours to reach. Most of the 1 hour was just being stuck at the nearby area awaiting my turn to make a U-Turn so I can go to where TREC is. But instead, I was just stuck there for almost an hour. I can just turn the engine off for half an hour since that's how long it happened for me to be stagnant.

Anyway, due to the massive jam at that area which was the outcome from the downpour, the event started way later. And so being so early, I decided to walk around and see what I can have for my dinner. Not having much of a choice for food seeing the Electric Boulevard were just filled with bars and pubs, I soon settled for Hacha Mecha. Well, this place is kind of a pub and bar as well. But it is the nearest to Zouk Club.

After relieving myself at the loo (what do you expect right? More than an hour in the car with the coldness surrounding and the rain pouring down), I settled myself down at a table after they seated me. The menu was fairly simple. Merely a one page paper menu where the flip side are the drinks. I was thinking of ordering something solid to eat instead of just starters and snacks and so I looked at the 'Mains' section and decided to order the Blackmore's Wagyu Blade Steak.

Unbeknownst to me, although it was listed as mains, it's more like a yakitori skewer like portion when it arrived. Their Wagyu beef has a marbling score of 9 which is impressive and is served with Yakiniku Sauce and some sea salt. The Yakiniku sauce has a little spiciness to it but not like chili spicy but rather mayonnaise kind of spiciness.

The wagyu by itself was succulent and delicious. It's a tad too oily for me for some reason but it also somehow lacks the texture of the melt in your mouth buttery feel of wagyu. But then again, this isn't the sirloin part anyway so it won't be as buttery as that part. Anyway, it is still a very delicious delicacy. Dipping in the yakiniku sauce overwhelms the taste a bit too much but dipping it in the sea salt is most fine because it enhances the flavor of it.

Hacha Mecha has a very vibrant ambiance with a lot of people hustling and bustling in it. It has your typical bar/pub settings with a lot of big tables to cater for groups of many people.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM118.80. They did not specify what the 10% was for but I guess it is for their service charge.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Although it did serve me lovely wagyu, the portion is a bit too small to be deemed as a main. I would probably just call it as yakitori instead. LOL. Other than that, they have the right concept of serving light eats and alcohol because that's what this surrounding area is about, alcohol and after that, some snacks to quell the peckish feeling or to dispel the alcohol effect as a before snack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment