Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A-Lone Diner Movie Special: Hitman: Agent 47 (2015)

Again found myself at Mid Valley Megamall and decided to watch a movie. At first was thinking of going to The Gardens GSC Signature to watch then I remembered GSC Signature are all couple type seats. LOL. Don't want to disrupt their business by just getting a ticket for one when clearly their seating arrangements are all in couple format, hence I started to move to Mid Valley Megamalls GSC instead. Although their exterior had changed with the renovation, their halls remained the same, cramp and small and near to the screen.

After much contemplation on what to have for my brunch, I again settled for fast food which turned out to be McDonald's. McDonald's seems to have shrunk in size. From a 2-storey occupancy to just a corner below GSC. I grew very afraid of unable to secure a seating since it's such a popular choice with the shopper but relief to get a table after I ordering and bringing my tray of food to the eating area.

Once finished, I headed on upstairs to see what movie I should watch. I initially wanted to go for Pawn Sacrifice since the review ranked it highly and it involves 2 of my interests, insanity (which I believe I am slowly deteriorating to a worse condition) and chess, but the next movie only starts at 4pm. Unwilling to wait such a long time just for the movie, I decided on a movie that's most closest to the time I was there and it turned out to be Hitman: Agent 47.

The movie starts like a Resident Evil film with someone narrating on the story of how a super agent project kicked off (kinda like Captain America) and soon learning that it was gonna be weaponized and how the Agents without any love and compassion and emotions programmed in them, they were the perfect cold-blooded killing machine (kinda like the training to be cold blooded killers like Naked Weapon). So the project was shut down by the genius behind it and the agents were killed off one by one. Those that survived, disappeared off the face of the earth.

Many years later, a powerful corporation tries to revive the project and managed to create an indestructible epidermis skin against bullets but in order to be successful in creating super agents, they need to find Litvenko, the genius behind the agent project and their only lead is by locating her daughter who seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Her daughter on the other hand has no recollection of why she wanted to find Litvenko unbeknownst to her that he's her father and went on the very little lead that she had and tries to narrow down and pinpoint his location.

Meanwhile, one fine night, an agent by the name of Agent 47 managed to track her down but because of her premonition and clairvoyance ability to see into the future, she started off running before the agent manages to get into her apartment. She was then being chased down by Agent 47 but at the same time, a man (whom later we know to work for the powerful corporation) offered to aid her or else she will be killed by the agent.

Agent 47 later bested the handsome young man and took Litvenko's daughter, Katia, into custody. When Katia awoke, she found herself in a bizarre situation due to the Agent's clear cut and direct no-nonsense explanation which led to Katia being trained in a life or death situation to get out of and soon discovered that she's actually part of the agent program too, only thing is she's the better version being agent 90 but has yet to hone her skills to the max.

So together with Agent 47, they went off to find Litvenko and to put a stop to the powerful conglomerate.

I can see a lot of different references in the movie to other movies. It's kind of like a number of movies put together in this movie. I've already mentioned parts of it resembling Captain America, Resident Evil and Naked Weapon. There's also parts where I can relate to Terminator, Mission Impossible, Transporter, and the ever slow motion movement of The Matrix and not forgetting Bourne Identity.

The movie was a little of a bore and had many logical flaws although all it went on was basing on the video game but I love their action sequence. That's the reason I wanted to watch the movie anyway, for it's action sequence since I already know the movie is crap. However, the juicy part only came on 1 hour into the movie. Before that, there's barely any action at all. So all in all, I would say it's a so-so movie and I merely love it for the action sequence that resembles from other movies and so I rate it 2.5 out of 5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment