Sunday, May 31, 2015

Rekindle, SS2 (2nd Visit)

Address:
Jalan SS2/64, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Tue - Thu:
12:00 pm - 12:00 am
Fri - Sat:
12:00 pm - 1:00 am
Sun:
12:00 pm - 12:00 am

Time Visited:
7:15pm, Sunday.

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Flat White and an Oreo Milk Crepe
Haven't been to Rekindle for a while even though the distance isn't that far from my home. Just recovered from a very severe anxiety attack and the biggest suicidal urge by far yesterday, I decided to head out to SS2 for dinner and after my normal rice and curry from Pelita, I decided to head to Rekindle for coffee. A couple in front of the cash register were contemplating on what to order and certainly took their time but I didn't mind. This should help me practice my patience where I often find myself lack of ever since my breakdown which resulted in an argument with my Head of Department back in February. So there I was and I was greeted by a very cheerful owner which I haven't seen before in him. Today, I decided to order a cake as well and so I went with the Oreo Milk Crepe. I don't know why they call it milk crepe. I guess they were thinking of Mille Crepe which that cake certainly is.

Sat down and waited for my order. The Milk Crepe arrived fairly quick to my table where it has a piece of Oreo cookie on top. Other than that, there's the crumbles of Oreo cookies all on top of the cake. The taste of the Mille Crepe was certainly smooth as silk and almost melt in your mouth with it's creamy taste. Layers were clearly defined and you can feel it in your mouth. The cake wasn't too sweet which is how I like it because Oreo tends to be pretty sweet to me due to it's cream filling. But in this case, the Oreo that sits on top don't have that much of a cream filling in between the biscuits. Delightful to me.

When my Flat White arrived, one sip of it brought me back memories on why I like Rekindle's coffee. Rich and strong in it's coffee taste, consistent coffee art, the right temperature and the perfect milk to coffee ratio. This is definitely the kind of coffee I like. And it reminded me of how long I have not have such a nice coffee in quite a while.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM25.35. Although in my receipt it says service charge = RM1.43, I'm guessing that's more of the GST because it's 6% of RM23.90. The Flat White remains at RM10 while the Oreo Milk Crepe is RM13.90.

Final Verdict:
Still maintained an 8/10 for me. Today just reminded me of why I decide to get my coffee fix from Rekindle even though my friend didn't quite like the place due to the owners attitude towards her the last time around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment