Saturday, May 30, 2015

Plan B, Paradigm Mall, Kelana Jaya

Address:
Lot CF 09 Concourse Floor
Paradigm Mall
No. 1, Jln SS 7/26A
Kelana Jaya 47301
Petaling Jaya

Opening Hours:
10am-10pm, daily.

Time Visited:
Around 12pm

Attire worn:
As casual as can be

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Ultimate French Toast and Flat White
I initially wanted to revisit TGI Fridays at this Paradigm Mall outlet but it looks so deserted that it don't seemed to be like it's opened so after my 2nd time passing by, I decided to literally go with a Plan B and went for Plan B instead. LOL.

It was really packed but I headed on in and sat myself down instead of waiting at the entrance for someone to seat you like a lot of people did. I felt a little bad, guilty and selfish sitting at a 4-persons table when I'm only a party of one. I soon discovered that I'm not the only lone diner at this establishment as I saw another seated at another table. One of the staff (presumably the manager since he's the only one wearing a pink shirt while the other staff wore their black t-shirt uniform) was very keen in his instinct and immediately sense that I was waiting for the menu and so he brought it to me despite a very, very busy outlet. And when I was ready to order, he immediately knew that I wanted to order without me telling him and came to me with a pen and an order chit.

I first wanted the Japanese Breakfast Box but after checking with the kitchen, the manager told me that it's unavailable and so I decided to go for the Ultimate French Toast along with a Flat White.

The place was bustling with people and it was so busy. Yet, the only person whom I see that is efficient is the manager. The rest of the staff just sort of being there. Okay, so I won't blame the barista guy doing the coffee but I can see one of the wait staff who were at the drinks counter with a drink awaiting to be served but the guy just completely ignored it and let it sit there being cold. And when one of the staff who was sweeping floors handed to him a bill to be passed to the customer, he just put it at the side of the register without taking care of it. On top of that, I see him ignoring some customers when he can clearly see that they were signalling him. Anyway, most likely that's the only rebellious staff which I mistaken for a number of other staffs.

Good thing that when my flat white was being served, it didn't sit at the counter for far too long. It was only awhile. The flat white was pleasant to my taste buds. Strong and assertive taste. Forceful with an aftertaste. Yet, it wasn't bitter at all. Just strong coffee taste. Although the barista wasn't good in it's coffee art but he's forgiven with those nice coffee beans showing their great characteristics. This is the kind of coffee I like.

The French Toast actually came before my coffee but the great manager who's keenly aware of the customers brought me a bottle of water so I'm not really that parched without my coffee. The French Toast is served with Caramelized Banana on top with Mascarpone which I mistaken it for cream cheese but after reading the menu description then I knew it was Mascarpone. There's also Macadamia nuts around the plate and of course, maple syrup oozing from the top of the French Toast. The French Toast is above average in taste compared to other places of French Toast that I've tasted. The Caramelized Banana is just nice not too sweet and the Mascarpone enhances the taste overall by toning down on the maple syrup's sweet taste. All in all, although presentation-wise could be better, yet it's taste is satisfying to me.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM36. RM26 for the French Toast and RM10 for the Flat White which 6% of GST is already included.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Despite it's slow service, the manager more than makes up for it with his keen senses. It's just that his staff should be more efficient and not be so lazy. I know it's a very busy establishment when it comes to weekend breakfast but that's no excuse to be so deliberately incompetent. The manager although don't look like a friendly guy, yet his awareness of his customers and his respectful speech more than puts you at ease.

0 comments:

Post a Comment