Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Doi Chaang Coffee Malaysia, The School, Jaya One

Address:
Lot No.100-G.031, The School, Jaya One, No.72A, Jalan Universiti, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor., 46200 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun:
10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Time Visited:
12:30pm, Tuesday - after spending some wasted time at the EPF office.
Attire worn:
Casual
Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Cafe Mocha 
Ah! Just in time to ruin the shots of a Cable TV show. LOL.

As I stepped into the unique shopping center called The School, I saw a big figure moving quickly towards me. Out of shock, my eyes widen but as it draws closer, I realized that it's just my blogger friend. Seems that he actually works here which is a bit of a surprise for me. We chatted a short while and he asked if I'm going for the Heineken Thirst event on tonight. "Well, I'm not," I replied. He pointed me to the right way where the cafe was and told me that there's a video shooting session ongoing there. "Oh" I said in disappointment but he assured me it's okay to go because their business is still ongoing despite that.

And so I gleefully headed towards the cafe as we said our goodbyes. Once I arrived, I looked at the board menu and there were a few things that caught my eye. There's a Premium type which is cheaper and a Peaberry type. Have no idea what is that until I googled what it is. Basically, a typical coffee bean is flat sided. However, there will be cherries that produce one oval shaped one and it's called a peaberry. It contains a higher concentration of flavor and is only about 5% of Doi Chaang's annual crop. The beans are also smaller. But I didn't care much about it and just ordered a regular Mocha.

Another thing that caught my eye is that they also sell Civet Cat coffee.
As I was about to take a seat, the seatings at the back were all taken up while the camera crew and all were taking up those at the side, hence I decided to sit in the only unoccupied middle seat. When they started shooting for the TV show and the commercials for it, I actually found myself right behind of them. Oh well. Can't escape anyway. So basically, I might've ruined their entire shot by being behind them the whole time. LOL.

Anyway, they were done pretty soon in just one take all the way through. Let's get back to the coffee.

Well, this mocha seems to be very mild in chocolate taste. Instead, the mixture of the coffee seems to be more prevalent which is rather unusual for a mocha. I usually get mocha to be a very rich in chocolate taste beverage but this seems to be more of coffee than chocolate. However, I do like how it tasted. It's just that it's quite queer in it's taste and quantity. It's kind of like those other franchised coffee outlets. Well, Doi Chaang Coffee is a franchise shop. Just that this is the first one in Malaysia.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM10.80. Forgot my receipt after being so self conscious of being in people's shot. LOL. But I believe, it is what it is. No tax.

Final Verdict:
6/10. The School's ambiance is an inviting place to hang out and chill and Jaya One is filled with business people who know how to enjoy life too. But Doi Chaang Coffee does not offer anything else out of the ordinary for me to frequent other than the ambiance. Coffee's good but not enough to draw me to be a permanent fixture and they don't sell mains.

0 comments:

Post a Comment