Sunday, January 4, 2015

MiniMe Cafe, Oasis Square, Ara Damansara

Address:
E-G-02, Capital 5. No.2, Jalan PJU 1A/7A,, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun:
10:00 am - 10:00 pm
Time Visited:
Close to noon time on a working weekday Wednesday
Attire worn:
Business
Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Their Lunch Set. The Spaghetti Beef Bacon Bits Carbonara and top it off with a Latte
Due to the previous night's visit to Coffee Etc, I accidentally discovered a couple of new interesting coffee places that got me excited to visit at Oasis Square. MiniMe Cafe is one of them.

The name may not be original but it's cute. Before I even managed to step into the cafe, the owner (I presume) eagerly and professionally attend to me immediately. Despite lunch time not arriving yet, the cafe was already populated with some customers. Some who seemed to know the staff of the cafe. There's even tables reserved for some people ahead of time! The menu for lunch was really simple. Just 3 items on their set lunch menu. I guess this is because they're just newly opened since December 2014 and they're still tweaking, testing and tasting before their full menu will appear.

My spaghetti arrived faster than I expected, even quicker than my latte. I guess they're trying to make the artwork and coffee right. A sense of vibrance and happiness lingers around the cafe which in turn provides me a little joy. The MiniMe sign on the wall which is made up of pipes and lights is surely a creation to behold. The seatings of the cafe adequately spaced gives you a sense of freedom instead of being cluttered and cramped around.

The presentation of the dish impresses me highlighting the spaghetti on a dark colored tray-like plate with bacon bits sporadically spread out and cheese powder sprinkled around. I was asked on whether I would like to have any condiments to go with it, with tobasco sauce and chili flakes being recommended. After taking a bite, I implored that it would go well with some chili flakes which without any delay, quickly brought to my table. It's more of chili powder than flakes but that didn't matter much because sprinkling it over my lunch really did made a much more tastier meal.

The Carbonara sauce were lesser than most places served but just enough to cover and complement the spaghetti perfectly. The bacon bits interests me because it was crunchy bits that's chunkier in size. This brings out the flavor of bacon tremendously combining well with the pasta.

As for my latte, well, I can taste that the blend of coffee is good but it's the mild coffee taste type. I much prefer a stronger coffee taste blend but seeing that it's more of the coffee bean profile than it's blending and putting it together technique, I would say it's good coffee.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM18.90. The set lunch costs RM15 while adding a coffee drink amounts to RM2.83 although stated in the menu as RM3. There's 6% of tax being charged as well. I guess the price at a cafe such as this is considered reasonably cheap for it's set lunch.

Final Verdict:
9/10. This cafe stole my heart. Great service particularly from the owner which made me felt welcomed and genuinely felt appreciated visiting as he wished me a thanks for coming and a Happy New Year. The other guy that took my order mumbled much but helpful enough. Spaghetti may not be the best but tastes great and the latte although isn't the kind of coffee taste that I adore but I can taste that it's good coffee and the way they prepared it were skillful enough. My only concern is will there be a seating for a single diner like me once word spreads out and more come to try it out. I guess, in time, I will find out. I'm definitely returning to this cafe to see what they have to offer on their full menu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment